In this introduction to the Faithful Creative podcast we take a look at what to expect in future episodes and discuss some of the challenges and questions facing Christian creatives today.
- Are you an artist and also a Christian?
- Do you desire a deeper connection between your art and your faith?
- Does pursuing your creative giftings sometimes feel at odds with your spiritual convictions?
- Are you separating your art from your faith to keep doubts or unanswered questions from blocking your creativity?
- Do you want to connect our work to a deeper, lasting meaning?
- Or are you simply looking for practical help for your creative walk?
If so, then this show is designed specifically for you!
We’ll be tackling common questions and difficulties facing creative believers today!
- We’ll look at how to more successfully engage in the creative process.
- We’ll examine how our hearts, our art and our faith are connected.
- We’ll investigate how to overcome some common theological roadblocks to creativity.
- And we’ll tackle a variety of other topics of interest to creative believers.
We’ll also talk to believers working in the creative arts to get their practical, in-the-trenches perspective on how they navigate some of these common creative challenges.
Along the way we’ll cover a wide variety of creative disciplines, such as film, literature, illustration, comics, animation, video games, music, and many others.
However, I find there are common significant challenges and questions raised when these disciplines are used in the narrative arts, in a way which is often overlooked and might be helpful for creatives to be aware of, so I hope to explore the difficulties of that narrative aspect in more depth as we go.
Are you wrestling with questions on creativity and faith that no one else is addressing?
I want this show to address the questions that mean the most to you, so please go to FaithfulCreative.com/Questions and leave us your top questions regarding art and faith, and in future episodes I’ll do my best to address some of those on the show!
In the meantime, I have a bunch of cool episodes planned for the future so I hope you’ll join us for the rest of the conversation by going to faithfulcreative.com and subscribing using iTunes or whatever podcast app or service you prefer.
If you like what you hear, help us spread the word!
If you go to FaithfulCreative.com/iTunes/ and leave us a rating or review it really helps us out immensely.
I’ll include links for all the websites I mentioned in the show notes.
This is just a very brief introduction to the series. Normal episodes will typically run longer, probably close to 30-40 minutes per episode.
So, thank you very much for joining us, and until next time, get out there and be faithfully creative!