Pastor Ralph Miley joins us on this episode, He’s president of the Christian Comic Arts Society, a comic-book writer and artist and Senior Pastor at La Mirada Foursquare Church. This interview was recorded at the ever-expanding San Diego Comic-Con International in 2016.
In this interview we dig into the following topics:
- How to use popular storytelling forms like comic books to address real world problems.
- How creators can use their creativity to benefit their audience.
- How feedback from mentors and community members can help us grow in our own craft.
- How being open to different forms of creativity can enrich our perspective.
- How journaling can help us better use our life history as ingredients for our creative work.
- How brainstorming can enhance our creative process.
- How creative works bring value to the world.
- How imagery can be used to more effectively communicate with an audience.
- Why not to shy away from the more “gritty” stories in the Bible.
If you want to help bring more discussions like this on Faith and Creativity to a wider audience, please go to FaithfulCreative.com/iTunes and leave us a positive rating or even a review. It really helps us spread the word!
Also, in the future I hope to cover some of these in greater depth, so if any of these topics struck a chord with you, or if you have questions or would just like to hear more about them, please let me know.
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org OR using the contact form on the website at www.faithfulcreative.com/contact.
Mentioned in This Episode: