Brendan Prout joins us on this episode, he’s a worship leader and pastor and part of the committee which organizes and runs the San Diego Comic-Con International, the massive annual celebration of all things geek and pop- culture. This interview was recorded on location at Comic-Con.
In this interview we dig into the following topics:
- How pop-culture art & stories reflect underlying themes of faith.
- How to use our love of pop-culture to be an ambassador to our neighbors.
- How to connect your love of the popular arts and culture with your local congregation.
- How to translate your love of pop-culture for the uninitiated.
- Responding to challengers that say faith and geek culture are irreconcilable.
- How to balance the desire for excellence in our craft with our own fallibility.
If you want to help bring more discussions like this on Faith and Creativity to a wider audience, please go to FaithfulCreative.com/iTunes and leave us a positive rating or even a review. It really helps us spread the word!
Also, in the future I hope to cover some of these in greater depth, so if any of these topics struck a chord with you, or if you have questions or would just like to hear more about them, please let me know.
You can email me at email@example.com OR using the contact form on the website at www.faithfulcreative.com/contact.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Brendan Prout Band – Worship Music Facebook Artist Page
- Brendan on Twitter
- Brendan on Instagram
- Stephen Weese
- God Loves the Freaks – book by Stephen Weese
- Charles Schultz’s faith in his comics